Saturday, October 18, 2008

Weekend update

Brady is having an awesome time at swim class. He was the only one in his group to swim the length of the pool today! I wasn't there to witness it first hand as I was with Kollin at football. We'll switch off next weekend so I can get footage.

Meanwhile at the football game...

It certainly was the first real football game with football weather. Kollin's game started at 9:00 but we had to be at the field at 8:00AM. Due to the early hour it was about 40 degrees. Kollin was pretty cold and not too pepped up. I started thinking and had an epiphany. We restrict the amount of sugar Kollin gets due to the energy burst that follows. :) However on this cold blah morning I thought he could use a little energy burst. I decided to go to the concession stand and buy 1 airhead (kind of like taffy). He came off the field after warming up and was almost in tears because he was so cold. I gave him his receiver gloves and offered him 1/4 of the piece of taffy. He was happy to have his hands warm and ate the airhead, asking for the rest after the game. Within 5 minutes he was rallying his team and playing like he did at the beginning of the season. He scored two touchdowns and ran the ball for one extra point. He was a football maniac! :) It was nice to see him feeling so good and excited again. He's going to play in the varsity game tomorrow so we'll keep you posted. Needless to say, I'm going to purchase one airhead tomorrow afternoon. :)

No comments: