Monday, September 29, 2008

Football updates...

Kollin is still trying to find his 'umph', for lack of a better word. It was a unanimous decision to move him to JV to gain more confidence (something Jereme & I thought we should do from the get-go.). He played his first JV game, in the pouring rain, against Boys Club this past Saturday. The final score was 7-0, Boys Club, but we definitely played a good game. It was pouring all morning and, of course, Kollin was thrilled to finally get to play in the rain. I on the other hand would have loved different weather conditions. :) I had my trusty yellow poncho from Disney still in my 'bag of tricks', which really only kept me dry from my waist to my neck. They needed people to work the 'chain' , so as a helpful football Mom I volunteered. I stood in the rain with my poncho holding a yard marker the whole game. It was a fun experience and I think I might try it again, just not in the rain. Jereme was lucky enough (not) to be asked to ref since only one ref showed up. It was a total Vaught family football game! :) (We were only missing B-nut who was tearing it up in the swimming pool. He's still having a great time! Again, no pics because we left in a frenzy and Mom-Mom had to take him to practice.) Anyway, Kollin played an awesome defensive game! He held back to watch who was carrying the ball and then attacked. He's still building his confidence with offense. He carried the ball for about 10 yards and when he saw the other team aiming for him, he pretty much tensed up and braced himself for impact instead of blazing past them. He'll figure it out sooner or later, especially because Jere keeps pointing things out when they watch NFL games together.  I didn't get any pictures since it was raining but I'll catch some sweet footage this Saturday...

No comments: